Sunday 3 August 2008

Beware the Yellow Peril


End of the day

Sorry this is late, I couldn't get a signal on Sunday night.

Well I think this week has been hotter than last although this weekend the breeze has picked up, and we have had a little rain, it is still very close and muggy. We left MK on Monday pm and progressed through Blisworth and Braunston tunnels up to Braunston, (I hate tunnels, although we didn't have any incidents this time) arrived there late Friday, we left there Sunday pm and are out in the country at the moment a few miles short of Rugby.




Funny thing happened on Friday morning, I was checking the oil and water before setting off, when I saw a yellow thing on the floor of the engine bay, now the engine bay is painted white and the engine is yellow so it grabbed my attention. It turned out to be the Hex head of one of the cylinder head bolts, these bolts are stretch torqued and it looks as though there was a flaw in this bolt, you would swear it has been cut off with a hacksaw. I'm lucky in a way as it is the bolt between no's 1 & 2 injectors so the engine is still running with care, just as well as my calls to the engineer have still not been answered, I think he is on holiday. However I did take advice from one of the boat yards near by, they said it was a reasonable risk to keep going slowly untill I can get it fixed.

No comments: